By modeling it is generally understood sense, consisting craft creating prototypes using various manuals, which will function to act as a “model” for industrial production. Typically said models have been used to obtain a mold. The figure of the model maker is disappearing, replaced by the machines to which a numerical model from a CAD system can be provided .
The modelismo , a more common sense, is also a hobby consisting of building and eventually lead (dynamic modeling) reproductions in miniature of machines, people or buildings. Originally comes from the custom of certain craftsmen of past centuries, especially furniture, to build small-scale examples of their products, to be able to show them to their customers without having to actually build them before receiving the order.
Modeling as a hobby can be divided into:
- Dynamic: Scale models that move and direct remotely like airplanes and vehicles. Here the amateurs seek to maneuver the model more skillfully and achieve maximum control of the device.
- Static: Scale models with great detail whose purpose is to appreciate them without movement. For amateurs or professionals of static modeling, each model represents a “museum piece”, thus creating its own private collections that can have different themes: Historical Belicism, Civil Engineering, Science Fiction, etc. Here the fans seek to represent in scale the most realistic possible form of the original model. For this last it is incorrect to consider as models static scale models
Branches of modeling
- Truckmodelismo: trucks, heavy machinery and dioramas suitable according to the scale, this is controlled remotely.
- Rail modeling : Trains with movement on detailed scenarios realistically
- Aeromodelling : Aircraft and other devices with flight capability by means of a remotely controlled engine
- Automodelismo : Vehicles and other terrestrial movement devices by means of a remotely controlled engine
- Marine modeling: Boats and other devices with water navigation capability with remotely controlled engine
- Amateur cohetería : Rockets with takeoff capacity
- Static modeling or static model making :
- Military and civil aviation such as propeller planes, jets, helicopters and other artifacts
- Military vehicles, war tanks and various weapons
- Naval and civil models such as sailboats, aircraft carriers, destroyers, patrols, merchant ships and submarines
- Civil and racing cars
- Science fiction as spacecraft and space stations
- Figures in miniature
- Historical figures
- Fantastic characters
- Famous characters
- Current and extinct animals
- Civil and military buildings and constructions
- Fantastic and sci-fi environments
- Doll houses
The collecting of this type of miniatures is known by the name of miniaturism . The modeling uses different scales that are preferred depending on each fan, for example in static military aviation the most common scales are 1:48 and 1:72 and in military vehicles it is 1:35