APM: Copter (formerly arducopter ) is a flight stabilization system and autopilot for scale model wing revolving 1 :
- An Arduino- compatible control card to which was added a set of sensors to acquire the state of the device as well as control ports for controlling the motors and servomotors of the device 2 .
- An open source firmware named APM: Copter firmware to control the electronic card and interpret commands.
- Flight planning software 3
APM: Copter works thanks to an ArduPilotMega electronic board (in APM 1 or APM 2 version) created by DIY Drones and manufactured by 3D Robotics and by Jdrones, the two historical partners of project 4 .
The APM: Copter system allows control via either an RC remote control or autonomous flight (previously configured by waypoints ).
Notes and references
- ( In ) This article is partially or entirely from the Wikipedia article in English entitled ” ArduCopter ” ( see the list of authors ) .
- ↑ arducopter: a drone-based Arduino [ archive ] – LeGeekTechno, March 4, 2013
- ↑ ( in ) The ArduPilot Mega 2.5: why it’s awesome [ Archive ] – The engineers bored, April 7, 2013
- ↑ ( en ) Downloads [ archive ] – ardupilot.com
- ↑ ( in ) James Mulroy, ” ArduPilotMega 2.0 Does Drone Autopilot on the Cheap ” [ archive ] , PCWorld,