Voie Libre (abbreviated as VL ) is a French journal founded inbelonging to the group LR Press , dealing with themes around secondary railways, real or miniature .
It first appeared as an insert in Loco Revue , five times a year, before knowing an independent quarterly publication in October 1997 , only by subscription. After the implementation of a non-subscription distribution, Voie Libre passes in 2006 to a publication bimonthly. It currently has 68 pages, excluding special issues, in A4 format .
Normally, Freeway, has articles that include several themes:
- Networks: description of several narrow-gauge model networks;
- How to do: improvements, building kits, or integral reduced equipment or buildings;
- Network project: description with plans for future networks;
- A market review;
- An English translation, intended for non-French speaking narrow-channel amateurs , available as an insert in the first issues, is available on the journal’s website.
- nº 50, October-November 2008, 84 pages, released on the occasion of issue number 50