Mini World Lyon is an animated miniature park of 4500m² in the leisure center of Carré de Soie in Vaulx-en-Velin , in the Metropolis of Lyon ( France ). This park is open since June 30, 2016 1 .
It is to date the largest amusement park of its kind in France 2 . The project is an example of the success of Miniatur-Wunderland in Germany , which – with 1.4 million annual visitors – is the third tourist attraction in the country and the first attraction of the city of Hamburg 3 .
Mini World Lyon, we offer animated scenes of life, vehicles vehicles and road circulating autonomously, landscapes divided into three worlds (city, countryside and mountain) which evolve at the rhythm of the day and the night 4 . The park is entirely built on the HO 1:87 scale, which is the most widely used scale in the world for miniature train systems. Many anecdotes are hidden in the worlds: superheroes, cartoons, movies, TV shows and celebrities. The park hosts temporary exhibitions: Playmobil, Lego … and a 3D cinema that broadcasts a cartoon. An extension is planned in 2018 with the theme of the city of Lyon 5 .
Number of visitors
In its first year of operation (2016-2017), the park received more than 200,000 visitors 6 .
- ↑ ” Lyon: Mini World opens its doors to the public Thursday “, 20minutes.fr , ( read online [ archive ] )
- ^ ” Opening of Mini World the largest animated miniature park in France ” [ archive ] (accessed 11 August 2016 )
- ↑ ” Richard Richarte Mini World Lyon:” Open the largest model railroad in France in September 2014 “ ” [ archive ] , on lyonmag.com , LyonMag , (accessed July 29, 2016 ) .
- ↑ Pleinevie.fr , ” Richard Richarte opens the park Miniature Mini World Lyon Vaulx-en-Velin ” Pleinevie.fr , ( read online [ archive ] )
- ↑ Lyon Mag , ” Mini World Lyon 23,000 visitors since its opening last month ” [ archive ] , on Lyonmag.com (accessed 26 October 2016 )
- ↑ http://www.brefeco.com/news/sport-loisirs/mini-world-lyon-finds-clientele [ archive ]