The Miniature and Film Museum , formerly the Museum of miniatures and movie sets , founded by the artist miniaturist Dan Ohlmann, is a private museum located in n o 60 rue Saint-Jean in Lyon , housed in the historic listed building of the former House of lawyers .
The museum houses two permanent collections, a collection devoted to the art of miniature and another to special effects techniques used in film shoots 1 . The museum retains the complete collection of works by Dan Ohlmann on the top floor, as well as various works by Ronan-Jim Sevellec , Julien Martinez , Françoise Andres , Yves Chouard and Michel Perez 2 .
Twelve theaters are devoted to the special effects of cinema with original equipment and parts: masks and prostheses, inlay background , animatronics , miniature vehicles, miniature sets, matte paintings , life-size decors, models, costumes, effects of direct [That is to say?] , stop motion , 3D animation , digital.
You can also see rooms with sets of the film The Perfume (cave and Frog workshop, Baldini office, perfume shop).
Among the animatronics, the museum exhibits that of the queen of the movie Alien vs. Predator , Mimic’s monster [Which one?] , And the Richelieu flying galleon from Paul WS Anderson’s film The Three Musketeers .
- from 02 January 2013 to 31 December 2013: Hugo Cabret by Martin Scorsese ;
- from April 30 to September 27, 2015: The extravagant dolls of Julien Martinez ;
- from December 15, 2015 to March 31, 2016: exhibition dedicated to Wes Anderson with models of his films The Grand Budapest Hotel and Fantastic Mr. Fox ;
- from October 7, 2016 to April 2, 2017: My life of Courgette .
- from October 20, 2017 to March 4, 2018: Exhibition Charles Matton (Interior Spaces) 3 , 4
Notes and references
- ↑ ” History ” , on museeminiatureetcinema.fr (accessed December 30, 2012 ) [ archive ] .
- ↑ Press kit [ref. insufficient] .
- ↑ ” Exhibition” Charles Matton, interior spaces “: Exhibition in Lyon 5th Arrondissement ” , on www.leprogres.fr (accessed November 2, 2017 ) [ archive ]
- ↑ « Discover the Charles Matton Exhibition | Miniature Museum & Cinema », Miniature Museum and Cinema , ( read online ) [ archive ]