A swarm of drones is a co-ordinated set of UAVs , 1 , terrestrial, underground or maritime 2 , intended to perform a common task in various types of civil or military applications 2 . It’s a branch of swarm robotics .
Some bases of group travel were established by the American artificial life specialist , Craig Reynolds in 1987 3 .
They are used in research, in the field of artistic and military experiments .
If most tasks are automated, some experiments can control this type of swarm by gestures 4 .
The French Ministry of Defense organizes under the name SUSIE (Supervision of swarm intelligence systems) various experiments on this theme 5 .
Trainings exist for learning the control of swarms of drones on the battlefield on the SUSIE system in France 6 .
Notes and references
- ↑ ( in ) ” How the US Army Plans to Defeat the Unthinkable: Drone Swarms ” [ archive ] , nationalinterest.org
- ↑ a and b « 06.10.14 A swarm of autonomous patrol boats tested by the Navy » [ archive ]
- ↑ ” ROBOTICS Collective intelligence guides a swarm of drones ” [ archive ] , Research
- ↑ ” 06.01.14 Swarm drones controlled by gestures ” [ archive ] , humanodides.fr
- ↑ ” Susie: flying a swarm of drones ” [ archive ] , Ministry of Defense
- ↑ ” New stage New uses of drones on the battlefield ” [ archive ] , telecom-bretagne.eu (accessed March 27, 2015 )