Window of the World (in Chinese : 世界之窗, Window of the World ) is a theme park located in the Overseas Chinese Town area west of Shenzhen City in the People’s Republic of China . Like its neighbor Happy Valley , it is owned by Overseas Chinese Town Holding Company . The park, with a surface of 480,000 m 2 , includes about 130 reproductions of famous tourist attractions most of the world. The 108 meters of the reproduction of the Eiffel Tower dominate the horizon, while the pyramids of Giza and the Taj Mahal are close to each other.
The park also includes a wide selection of international restaurants and small exhibitions dedicated to famous people in world history. The Window on the World allows you to eat Mexican food, see the Niagara Falls and wander around Angkor Wat . It takes at least half a day to discover the site and each evening ends with a fireworks display and a light show.
Since late 2004 , thanks to the opening of the Shenzhen Metro, tourists can reach the park by subway.
- Abu Simbel , Egypt
- Acropolis , Greece
- Angkor Wat , Cambodia
- Borobudur , Indonesia
- Cologne Cathedral , Germany
- Colosseum , Italy
- Geoglyphs of Nazca , Peru
- Moscow Kremlin , Russia
- Merlion , Singapore
- Moai , Chile
- Sydney Opera House , Australia
- Buckingham Palace , United Kingdom
- St. Mark’s Square in Venice, Italy
- Giza , Egypt
- Statue of Liberty , USA
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer , Brazil
- Stonehenge , United Kingdom
- Taj Mahal , India
- Tower of Pisa , Italy
- Eiffel Tower , France
- ↑ ( in ) TEA / AECOM , ” 2013 Index Subject Index & Museum: The Global Attractions Attendance Report ” [ archive ] , on AECOM , (accessed December 6, 2014 ) , p. 22 [PDF]